Family & Nursing Care utilizes a rigorous five-step selection process, ensuring that only the very best caregivers are selected.
- Requirements - Family & Nursing Care ensures that each caregiver meets strict requirements and passes a thorough background check:
- Two years hands-on experience within the last three years
- State nursing certification or training certificate
- Current license for RNs, LPNs, and CNAs
- Complete work history for the last five years
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Social Security Card
- Current TB Clearance
- Hepatitis B Screening
- CPR Certification
- Criminal Background Check
- Check on credit history
- Check Board of Nursing for disciplinary actions
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Picture ID
- Interview - Every successful caregiver and nurse will have a face-to-face interview. Many questions are asked, however, the true question we must always answer is "Is this caregiver somebody I would want taking care of my mother?"
- Reference Checking - Contact is made with every employer within the past three years.
- Final Approval - Every application is reviewed and must be approved by the Vice President of Operations.
- Introductory Business Meeting- Every caregiver attends an introductory business meeting to better understand how Family & Nursing Care operates and to better understand the company's commitment to serve, help, and enhance the quality of life and well being of others.