Assistant Director of Nursing
The Assistant Director of Nursing is responsible for supervising PRN RNs/PRN LPNs and managing the Nights & Weekend Nursing Department Program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supervise, train, and manage schedules for new and current PRN RNs and PRN LPNs.
- Manage Nights & Weekend Program for Nursing Team.
- Performs Nursing Visits (SOC, SUP, Skilled Visits, etc.)
- Assists DON with oversight of CNAs, HHAs, and CMTs as needed.
- Monitor Nursing Fax line and distribute to appropriate nurse.
- Coordinate collaboratively with Client Services Department Leadership to stream-line processes, enhance communication, and strengthen the department.
- Coordinate collaboratively with other department Directors to enhance communication, identify opportunities for improvement, and strategize when issues arise.
- Manage tracking/reporting system as related to Nursing Visits, Clinic Programs, Caregiver Education, etc.
- Ensure follow up calls from PRN Nurses with Select clients/family members are completed and recorded to track any concerns about nursing assessments/visits.
- Completes Clinical Reviews as requested for Long Term Care Insurance.
- Maintain working knowledge of Company’s policies and procedures and participate in efforts to revise as needed.
- Personally, pursue educational opportunities to enhance and build upon knowledge base
- Provide consultation to Nursing Team as related to atypical situations/complicated cases.
- Completes in-home and/or phone visits for clients requiring a Nursing Supervisor should the Director of Nursing not be available.
- Attend company/community functions (Open houses, symposiums, health fairs, etc.) as a representative of the nursing department.
- Other duties as assigned to best support the Nursing Team’s stability and growth to best serve Family & Nursing Care Select.
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college with a major in nursing or other health related field/or an Associate’s Degree with five years of Community Nursing experience
- Registered nurse in good standing in Maryland and DC, holding a current RN license issued by the Maryland and DC Boards of Nursing
- Criminal Background Clearance; credit check; Social Security verification
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Current (within previous 12 months) health clearance:
- PPD/CXR with completed TB Questionnaire
- Hepatitis B vaccine or declination
- Mumps, Measles, Rubella, and Varicella Immunization record
- Health certification clearance for communicable disease
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment, proven ability to successfully handle many tasks at one time, detail-oriented and excellent follow-up skills
- Data entry or computer experience essential
- Care Manager/Delegating Nurse Certification preferred
- 3–5 years of experience managing a home health care placement service preferred
- 2–3 years of supervisory experience preferred
If you are interested in this opportunity, you are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume to our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.