Last updated: 5/27/2021
Caregivers who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, are not required to get regular COVID-19 tests, unless they work in a Senior Living Community or with a client that requires regular testing for vaccinated Caregivers.
If you are unsure whether the Senior Living Community where you work or the client you are working with requires COVID-19 testing for vaccinated Caregivers, please check with your Testing Coordinator.
Click here for more information on why you should get your COVID-19 vaccine now!
If you are not yet fully vaccinated, guidance on how often you need to get tested for COVID-19, based on your current work schedule, is available from your Testing Coordinator. If you are providing care to a resident of a Senior Living Community or a client who requests frequent testing, you will be contacted by a member of the office staff who will provide you with guidance on the testing requirements for the community or client, and make sure you have the information you need to get tested.
Once you receive your test results, send a copy to the Caregiver Services department by email at email@example.com, text (240-641-6369), or fax (301-755-1105 – Classic or 301-755-1144 -Select). If you are being tested at another job, you can submit those results. Depending on the frequency with which you receive other COVID-19 tests, you may still need to get additional tests to meet Senior Living Communities’ and clients’ expectations.
There are many options for free and convenient COVID-19 testing. Many of these testing locations do not require a provider referral, appointment or insurance information. Please check on the requirements of each location before you go for testing.
- To find COVID-19 testing locations throughout Maryland, go to covidtest.maryland.gov and put in your address or zip code to search for testing locations near you. The site lets you know which locations are free and whether or not an appointment is required.
- Montgomery County offers many different locations and times for free, convenient COVID-19 testing. Many are available as just walk up or drive thru testing without an appointment needed. Results are sent to your email within 3-5 days.
- Prince Georges County offers free, convenient testing sponsored by the Health Department. Use the County’s test site locator to find other free testing sites in Prince George’s County run by the State of Maryland, pharmacies or health centers.
- Howard County offers options for free, convenient testing locations in the area. Read the description of each location to determine if testing is free, if insurance is required, and if a referral or appointment is needed.
- Frederick County offers free, convenient testing at several County locations.
- Family & Nursing Care Office
1010 Wayne Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20902
Family & Nursing Care offers COVID-19 testing in our office for Family & Nursing Care Select and Classic Caregivers only, Monday-Friday 8:30 am – 1:00 pm. No appointment is necessary to be tested within the testing hours. Please read the Frequently Asked Questions before coming in to the office so that you understand how the testing works and have all the information you need about this testing option.
- DC offers many locations for free, convenient testing.
CVS and several other locations offer free testing that doesn’t require a doctor’s visit or prescription. Health insurance isn’t required, but you will have to show proof of identification, which may include a photo ID/driver’s license, United States passport, or Social Security card. Results are typically available in 4-7 days, depending on the demand for testing at that time. Registration and appointments are required.
Below is a list of testing locations that offer rapid test results. Before you go to get tested, please visit the location’s website or call ahead to check on what you need to do to get tested (you might need an appointment), make sure that rapid results are still available, and find out any potential costs or insurance requirements associated with the test. If you have any questions about COVID-19 testing, please contact your Coordinator.
Quality First Urgent Care
15646 Old Columbia Pike
Burtonsville, MD 20866
Medical Access Urgent Care
12321 Middlebrook Rd
Germantown, MD 20874
Fast Track Urgent Care
10540 Connecticut Ave
Kensington, MD 20895