Home Care Services for Elderly Adults with Pneumonia
The hospital readmission rates for pneumonia patients are staggering: 18.5% of pneumonia patients1 will return to the hospital within 30 days. The good news is, by addressing the main reasons that patients are readmitted to the hospital, Family & Nursing Care helps keep your loved one safe and at home.
For additional information regarding our home care services for elderly pneumonia patients in Washington, D.C. and Maryland, contact Family & Nursing Care online or call 800-588-0517.
Our specially trained Family & Nursing Care Select Caregivers work closely with our clinical nurses to identify red flags related to nutrition, medical oversight, and mobility, and take appropriate action should a problem arise.
How Our Caregivers Provide Special Care for Pneumonia Patients
- Prepare meals for the client in accordance with a meal plan set by a doctor, home health nurse, or nutritionist (e.g. low sodium, low cholesterol, low fat, vegetarian, or vegan)
- Monitor patient’s vital signs
- Assists with coughing/deep breathing techniques and/or use of spirometer
- Assists with O2 as prescribed, if being used
- Take clients to and from follow up doctor visits
Our Caregivers and clients always have access to one of Family & Nursing Care Select’s nurses to discuss any red flag symptoms or changes in condition to address a problem before it becomes an emergency.
For more information on our pneumonia home care services, contact Family & Nursing Care online or call 800-588-0517.
1Diagnosis-specific readmission risk prediction using electronic health data: a retrospective cohort study, US National Library of Medicine