In-Home Pneumonia Care for Elderly Adults
The hospital readmission rates for pneumonia patients are staggering: 18.5% of pneumonia patients1 will return to the hospital within 30 days. The good news is, by addressing the main reasons that patients are readmitted to the hospital, Family & Nursing Care helps keep your loved one safe and in the comfort of his or her own home.
Our specially trained Family & Nursing Care Select Caregivers work closely with our clinical nurses to identify red flags related to nutrition, medical oversight, and mobility, and take appropriate action should a problem arise.
Learn how Washington, D.C. and Maryland home health caregivers can provide support and comfort to older adults with pneumonia.
Pneumonia Patients Receive Quality Care from Skilled Caregivers
- Prepare meals for the client in accordance with a meal plan set by a doctor, home health nurse, or nutritionist (e.g. low sodium, low cholesterol, low fat, vegetarian, or vegan)
- Monitor patient’s vital signs
- Assists with coughing/deep breathing techniques and/or use of spirometer
- Assists with O2 as prescribed, if being used
- Take clients to and from follow up doctor visits
Our Caregivers and clients always have access to one of Family & Nursing Care Select’s nurses to discuss any red flag symptoms or changes in condition to address a problem before it becomes an emergency.
Find out more about the Caregivers.
Learn more about our Home Care Services.
To learn about Family & Nursing Care, contact us.
1Diagnosis-specific readmission risk prediction using electronic health data: a retrospective cohort study, US National Library of Medicine