We take very seriously the responsibility of finding qualified, professional, caring, empathic, compassionate, reliable, trustworthy, and energetic Caregivers to care for our clients. All Caregivers are licensed, bonded and insured. Last year, only the top 7% of Caregivers who applied met our standards.
Interested in what the needs of our clients are? View the Caregiver Task Sheet of some of the common tasks with which Caregivers are typically asked to assist.
Caregivers are selected through a rigorous five-step screening and evaluation process as outlined below.
Step One: Requirements
- Two years’ hands-on experience within the last three years
- Certification: MD State CNA/GNA and/or DC CNA
- Complete work history from the last five years
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Government-issued picture ID
- Current TB clearance and Hepatitis B screening
- CPR certification
- Professional liability insurance (*must obtain in order to work with Family & Nursing Care Classic)
- Medication Technician certification is a plus
Step Two: Testing
Each candidate must pass a computerized competency exam. In addition, candidates for Family & Nursing Care Select must also pass a comprehensive clinical and situational response exam.
Step Three: Interview
We ask many questions during the comprehensive, face-to-face interview to make a rough evaluation of the candidate’s practical and interpersonal skills. Perhaps the most important question is the one we ask ourselves: “Would I trust this person with my loved one?” It’s powerful.
Step Four: Reference Check and Final Approval
We perform a reference check with every employer within the past three years. In addition, as part of the reference/background check process, we conduct:
- Criminal background checks
- Credit history checks
- Social Security number verification
- Board of Nursing disciplinary action checks
Step Five: Introductory Business Meeting/Orientation
Every Caregiver must attend a special meeting to better understand how Family & Nursing Care operates and is clear on our expectations and commitment to serve, help, and enhance the quality of life and well-being of others.
What else can you expect?
Respect. We have an entire Caregiver Services Department to serve as a resource for Caregivers for both Family & Nursing Care Classic and Family & Nursing Care Select. It is vitally important to us that those who provide care for our clients are well cared for by us.
Interested in learning more about Family & Nursing Care?