Home Care Services
We seldom stop to think about home care options until a crisis hits. Most of the time, the need arises suddenly and throws everything out of balance. When you require at-home Caregiver services and you need them now, Family & Nursing Care is here.
For additional information regarding Caregiver services in Washington, D.C. and Maryland call 800-588-0517 or email us.
Since 1968, Family & Nursing Care has helped tens of thousands of families by providing access to Caregivers who provide the following:
- Activities of Daily Living: Bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, meal preparation, feeding, toileting, continence care, transferring, and lifting.
- Mobility Assistance: Range of motion exercises, assistance with walking, and turning/positioning in bed.
- Companionship: Engaging in activities and hobbies, keeping the body and mind stimulated, medication reminders, and encouraging independence.
- Support Services: Linens, laundry, light housekeeping, shopping and errands, accompanying and transporting to/from appointments.
- Medication Administration: Certified Medication Technicians (CMTs) administer prescribed medications under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Skilled Nursing: Medication management, Diabetes management, tube feeding, wound care, injections, and ostomy care.
In addition, Caregivers are available who have experience working with a variety of conditions and diagnoses, including: Alzheimer’s Disease and other dementias, Parkinson’s Disease, Cancer, Hospice and Palliative Care, Pneumonia, Diabetes, Heart Attack/Disease, Stroke, and Depression.
Family & Nursing Care assists clients in need of home care services who live in private homes, retirement communities, independent and assisted living facilities, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, hospitals…anywhere that you need assistance, in whatever way that works best for you. Caregivers are available for both long- and short-term care.
Find out more about our care options.
We serve suburban MD and Washington, DC.